Spook’s Data Centre Environmental Monitoring Solution
Additional years PDU License for Omniwatch Power / Environmental Monitoring DCIM. Spook Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Service: Ensuring the temperature of IT rooms and IT racks are at a level that will not compromise the efficient running of the equipment contained within is invaluable. Humidity and dew point have important properties too, even air-flow monitoring can be a key indicator that the room is acting unusually. Monitoring water ingress to detect leaks from air conditioning units and flooding from other areas of the building that may not be IT related such as toilet blocks, water points and pipework and natural floods is vital. Many potential water ingress points are hidden under raised floors, in false ceiling voids and in adjacent parts of the building, not necessarily directly associated with the data centre.
Data Centre power monitoring
Monitoring and measuring power in a data centre has become fundamental. Whether there is a requirement to monitor key power breakers to the data centre via appropriate metering (which provides real-time power load data) or rack level monitoring measuring the power metrics of a power distribution unit (PDU monitoring), each gives valuable power metrics that can be taken into account when installing new equipment or building in appropriate redundancy to the location.
By measuring key power metrics and monitoring equipment status levels means early warnings to power related issues can be managed efficiently.
• Secure Cloud based service accessed via any internet enabled device
• Bulk data collection protocols: SNMP, Modbus, BACnet, XML & JSON
• User privileges: Super user/user browsing rights on shared PDUs
• Dynamic calendaring for on-call staff with differing rotas
• 24/7 alerts via email and 2-way SMS with UK Call Centre back-up
• Perpetual data for accurate measurements/trend data
• Quick search function: Global/regional/departmental
• Socket Switching (on/off/reboot) with full audit trail
• Max load function for equitable sharing: Global and socket level
• Realtime ‘stranded’ power calculations
• Realtime power consumption calculator KWH-£ across anytime frame
Data Centre power monitoring
The available sensors are endless and depend on the type of equipment being monitored but here are some examples of the most popular.
Spook software is developed in-house therefore adding new vendors for monitoring is easy. Spook's OmniWatch service is compatible with equipment from over fifty manufacturers and counting. This approach not only lets customers monitor both new and legacy equipment side by side, it also provides reassurance that they are investing in a forward-looking future-proof solution. Non-network attached equipment such as gas suppressant and fire alarm systems can also be monitored by utilising Volt Free Contacts (VFC's) which are usually available on third party devices.
Additional years PDU License for Omniwatch / DCIM
Initial Setup also included
* PDU = 1 Unit (UPS = 3 Units) *